WHAT NYLN DOES
NYLN is a youth-led organization. We work to build power among people with disabilities between the ages of 16- 28 years old. We want to support young people in their role as the next generation of leadership in the Disability Rights Movement. NYLN has been around since 1997. We are the only youth-led disability rights nonprofit organization in the country.
• Promotes youth leadership development.
• Values inclusion, interdependent support systems, and disability pride.
• Works to create access to the resources youth need to be leaders.
• Supports work being done by youth activists with disabilities on the local level.
• Trains youth with disabilities.
• Connects youth leaders with opportunities to serve and be active members of their communities.
There are many ways to be involved in NYLN. Youth with disabilities can serve on our Governing Board or our Committees. We also work with parents, providers and disability community allies to create a better world for youth with disabilities. Allies can be NYLN members and attend a lot of our events.
NYLN can also come to visit you and your youth groups/organization to do trainings around youth power in your communities.
It is free to become a member of NYLN. If you want to become a member, fill out a membership form. Membership is open to youth with disabilities and adult allies (parents, providers, advocates,others).