February 12, 2013
NYLN’s 2013 “Spread the Love” Fundraising Campaign
“Spread the Love” is underway! There’s still five days left. Have you contributed? In case you haven’t heard, February 10-16, 2013, is our national fundraising campaign called “Spread the Love.” Not only will it overlap Valentine’s Day, but it will be a way for NYLN members to love the feeling of power, pride, and community first-hand!Our staff, board members, alumni, and community allies will be going door-to-door, emailing friends and family, and visiting local businesses to seek support. We all have our own way of helping, and all are valuable. How can YOU participate?!Here are some reminders and updates about who NYLN is and how your contribution will be used:
WHO WE ARE:
- NYLN is a non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
- NYLN is governed by an 18-member board of directors. Board members are innovative leaders with disabilities from across the country.
- NYLN specializes in access for all – prioritizing cross-representation of all types of disability, all cultures, communities of color, the LGBTQ community, and all economic backgrounds.
- Support youth leadership by breaking isolation and building community.
- Emphasize full-inclusion by creating trainings and educational resources.
- Push new thinking by using media to unite communities and connect social movements.
WHY WE LOOK TO YOU:Your donation will help us:
- Implement our cross-generational, self-determination curriculum, Reap What You Sow, with in-person and on-line trainings.
- Provide a tool kit about independent living skills for young people, families, and professionals to use together.
- Guide organizations through the best practices needed to include young people in their business scheme successfully.
- Enhance collaboration among national organizations and grassroots partners.
- Develop and support state chapters of NYLN with visionary, young local leaders.
- Strengthen the representation of young adults within the larger disability community.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE:
- Send a check directly to NYLN by filling out the following form.
- Contribute to NYLN via PayPal. See the link on our homepage, www.nyln.org.
- Share your contribution in person – someone may be knocking on your door!
Link to our pdf “Spread the Love” flyer SpreadtheLoveFlier(Final)